New Canadore Residence Breaking Ground
July 4, 2011
Construction of Canadore College’s new 200 bed residence is set to begin this week.
The ground at the College’s lower field will be overturned to begin building the complex that will resemble the existing apartment residence.
Canadore is partnering with Campus Living Centres, Canada’s largest owner and manager of student housing, to build the new six-floor, 100-unit, building to meet the expanding needs of the College’s domestic and international students. Apartments will consist of two private bedrooms, as well as shared bathroom, kitchen and living space.
“It is exciting to be working with Campus Living Centres to be able to provide our students with quality facilities, dynamic services and an outstanding overall residence experience,” said Shawn Chorney, Acting Vice President of Enrolment Management, Student Services and Recruitment. “The plans include a fabulous green space between buildings for recreational and social activities. CLC owns and manages over 12,000 student beds in the country, and will be incorporating best-in-class design elements that will enhance our student experience”.
Approximately 20 per cent of full-time Canadore students live in residence. The addition of the new beds will increase overall residence capacity to 733 spots and provide more opportunity for out-of-town learners to access quality programs. The new residence complex is slated to open its doors for the Fall 2012 semester.
Canadore has over 65 full-time quality programs, outstanding faculty and student services, and boasts the highest graduation rate of all of Ontario’s 24 public colleges.
Don’t miss the latest news.
- Algonquin College Residence Staff Recognized For “Making A Difference"
- Lead. Serve. Engage. – Campus Living Centres’ Innovative Approach to Staff Training and Development
- Campus Living Centres named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- George Brown College selects Campus Living Centres to operate its first student residence
- Campus Living Centres’ Corporate Team Volunteers with Daily Bread Food Bank
- Northern College Residence On Schedule for 2015 Opening
- Confederation College Partners with Campus Living Centres to Develop New Student Village
- Algonquin College Takes a Zero Waste Approach to Replacing Old Mattresses in Residence
- 2014 Residence Life Staff Training Conference at Algonquin College
- Students in Campus Living Centres’ Residences Raise $45,000 for Relay for Life