New Canadore Residence Breaking Ground
July 4, 2011
Construction of Canadore College’s new 200 bed residence is set to begin this week.
The ground at the College’s lower field will be overturned to begin building the complex that will resemble the existing apartment residence.
Canadore is partnering with Campus Living Centres, Canada’s largest owner and manager of student housing, to build the new six-floor, 100-unit, building to meet the expanding needs of the College’s domestic and international students. Apartments will consist of two private bedrooms, as well as shared bathroom, kitchen and living space.
“It is exciting to be working with Campus Living Centres to be able to provide our students with quality facilities, dynamic services and an outstanding overall residence experience,” said Shawn Chorney, Acting Vice President of Enrolment Management, Student Services and Recruitment. “The plans include a fabulous green space between buildings for recreational and social activities. CLC owns and manages over 12,000 student beds in the country, and will be incorporating best-in-class design elements that will enhance our student experience”.
Approximately 20 per cent of full-time Canadore students live in residence. The addition of the new beds will increase overall residence capacity to 733 spots and provide more opportunity for out-of-town learners to access quality programs. The new residence complex is slated to open its doors for the Fall 2012 semester.
Canadore has over 65 full-time quality programs, outstanding faculty and student services, and boasts the highest graduation rate of all of Ontario’s 24 public colleges.
2 comments on “New Canadore Residence Breaking Ground”
Leave a Reply
Don’t miss the latest news.
- Campus Living Centres is an Award Winner at the 2013 Seneca College Senecans of Distinction Awards
- Campus Living Centres is announced as the successful proponent of the Algonquin College Student Housing Management and Operations Request for Proposal Competition
- Campus Living Centres is pleased to announce Greg Hum as the new Associate Director, Residence Life
- Canadore College Enters Next Phase of Student Housing Plan
- Georgian College is excited to welcome a new residence community to their Orillia Campus
- Canadore College President, George Burton, extolls the benefits of public/private partnerships
- Campus Living Centres Inc. announces Clarence Chong as the new Senior Manager of Marketing & Sales
- Two new Georgian College student campus residences should be up and ready for the fall
- Students Find their Home Away from Home at Canadore College
- Campus Living Centres Inc. announces Joe Danis as the new Associate Vice President of Operations