Loyalist College Expands Student Housing Capacity Through Partnership with Campus Living Centres
February 14, 2011
Campus Living Centres is pleased to announce the opening of phase 1 of its 104 bed development at Loyalist College.
Prior to finalizing the deal with Campus Living Centres, the College provided residence space for 476 students. These additional beds will cater to upper year students, and will give students the opportunity to live on-campus until graduation. Campus Development Corp is the owner of these buildings that are constructed on College owned land.
The units are completely self contained 4-bedroom townhouses, located directly behind campus, and have been extremely well received by students. Although working against a very tight time line, 32 units were ready for occupancy September 1, 2010, with the balance of the units to be completed by July 1, 2011. With full occupancy, demand for these units has been extremely strong. Management of the complex is a joint effort between Campus Living Centres and Loyalist College, and the arrangement has achieved two primary objectives; provide superior living arrangements for upper year students who desire to remain on campus, and assist the College in student recruitment and retention efforts.
Leave a Reply
Don’t miss the latest news.
- Campus Living Centres is an Award Winner at the 2013 Seneca College Senecans of Distinction Awards
- Campus Living Centres is announced as the successful proponent of the Algonquin College Student Housing Management and Operations Request for Proposal Competition
- Campus Living Centres is pleased to announce Greg Hum as the new Associate Director, Residence Life
- Canadore College Enters Next Phase of Student Housing Plan
- Georgian College is excited to welcome a new residence community to their Orillia Campus
- Canadore College President, George Burton, extolls the benefits of public/private partnerships
- Campus Living Centres Inc. announces Clarence Chong as the new Senior Manager of Marketing & Sales
- Two new Georgian College student campus residences should be up and ready for the fall
- Students Find their Home Away from Home at Canadore College
- Campus Living Centres Inc. announces Joe Danis as the new Associate Vice President of Operations