Loyalist College Expands Student Housing Capacity Through Partnership with Campus Living Centres
February 14, 2011
Campus Living Centres is pleased to announce the opening of phase 1 of its 104 bed development at Loyalist College.
Prior to finalizing the deal with Campus Living Centres, the College provided residence space for 476 students. These additional beds will cater to upper year students, and will give students the opportunity to live on-campus until graduation. Campus Development Corp is the owner of these buildings that are constructed on College owned land.
The units are completely self contained 4-bedroom townhouses, located directly behind campus, and have been extremely well received by students. Although working against a very tight time line, 32 units were ready for occupancy September 1, 2010, with the balance of the units to be completed by July 1, 2011. With full occupancy, demand for these units has been extremely strong. Management of the complex is a joint effort between Campus Living Centres and Loyalist College, and the arrangement has achieved two primary objectives; provide superior living arrangements for upper year students who desire to remain on campus, and assist the College in student recruitment and retention efforts.
Don’t miss the latest news.
- Campus Living Centres Commits to Raising $10,000 on Behalf of the Raising the Roof Toque Campaign
- Algonquin College Residence Staff Recognized For “Making A Difference"
- Lead. Serve. Engage. – Campus Living Centres’ Innovative Approach to Staff Training and Development
- Campus Living Centres named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- George Brown College selects Campus Living Centres to operate its first student residence
- Campus Living Centres’ Corporate Team Volunteers with Daily Bread Food Bank
- Northern College Residence On Schedule for 2015 Opening
- Confederation College Partners with Campus Living Centres to Develop New Student Village
- Algonquin College Takes a Zero Waste Approach to Replacing Old Mattresses in Residence
- 2014 Residence Life Staff Training Conference at Algonquin College