Campus Living Centres Inc. announces Joe Danis as the new Associate Vice President of Operations
Toronto, ON – Campus Living Centres Inc. is pleased to announce Joe Danis as the new Associate Vice President, Operations. The appointment of Joe Danis is effective August 7, 2012.
Joe Danis joins Campus Living Centres Inc. from the University of Manitoba where he has been the Director of Student Housing since 2004. At the University of Manitoba, Joe’s ability to balance the importance of business operations and residence life transformed the student housing operation into an innovative, dynamic, and high performance unit. He was a key player in leading the opening of two new residences during his tenure and his unit has been able to achieve positive financial performance through his leadership, entrepreneurial approach, and commitment to fiscal responsibility. Joe has also been actively engaged in the University’s campus development plan, leading discussions on the importance of student housing and its place within Strategic Enrolment Management.
Under the residence life portfolio, Joe’s program Reading Buddies, was honoured in 2004 with the Mayor’s Award for Volunteerism in the City of Winnipeg. In 2005, Joe received the annual University of Manitoba outreach award. The award, presented by the President of the University of Manitoba and the Presidential advisory committee on outreach, was for his work in developing Praxis, a campus-wide initiative that strives to promote community outreach and service learning among students. Joe was also responsible for the creation of the Office of Student Life, as he took his passion for leadership, service, and global citizenship campus wide, extending opportunities for engagement to all University of Manitoba students. He has developed several successful international service learning programs in countries such as Bangladesh, El Salvador, Ecuador, and most recently Costa Rica. Joe not only administers these programs but he is actively engaged in the facilitation of reflection sessions and group discussions.
Over the course of the past eight years, Joe has been a member of the University of Manitoba’s Administrative Council as well as the Council of Student Affairs and has been a member of CACUSS since 2002.
Prior to his work at the University of Manitoba, Joe completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Winnipeg in International Development Studies and Conflict Resolution Studies. Joe also began his career at the University of Winnipeg where he was instrumental in revitalizing residence operations as the first ever Director of Student Housing at the institution.
With Campus Living Centres Inc., Joe will be responsible for all residence operations, including residence life and student services. This portfolio totals over 18,000 student beds in 26 different residence facilities across Canada that are owned, and or managed by Campus Living Centres Inc. or an affiliated company.
Don’t miss the latest news.
- George Brown College selects Campus Living Centres to operate its first student residence
- Campus Living Centres’ Corporate Team Volunteers with Daily Bread Food Bank
- Northern College Residence On Schedule for 2015 Opening
- Confederation College Partners with Campus Living Centres to Develop New Student Village
- Algonquin College Takes a Zero Waste Approach to Replacing Old Mattresses in Residence
- 2014 Residence Life Staff Training Conference at Algonquin College
- Students in Campus Living Centres’ Residences Raise $45,000 for Relay for Life
- Campus Living Centres Strengthens Partnership with Georgian College with the addition of the Barrie campus student residence
- Canadore College Residence Service Learning Trip to Moose Factory, Ontario
- International Students Celebrate the Winter Holidays at Canadore College Residence