Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? We may already have your answer. Read on…
- How will I know if a position is filled?
- Can I refer a friend for a position that matches their skills and interests?
- When will I hear back?
- What if I cannot find a job I am interested in?
- How many personal references will I need?
- Will I need a resume?
- I work for Campus Living Centres / Residence & Conference Centres already – can I apply for another job through this site?
- For how long do you consider my application or resume?
- Can I fax my resume and cover letter?
- How can I know if my documents have been received?
- I have a disability and require accommodations to submit my documentation. What should I do?
- What does the typical interview process look like?
- Do you require a Criminal Record Check to be completed?
- Do I need to create an account each time I want to apply for a position?
- What happens to my application after you have received it?
- What happens if I need technical support when applying for a job?
- I don’t see any current job postings for positions I’m interested in. Can I apply for a position that’s not posted?
- What if I don’t meet the minimum qualifications?
- Are volunteer work or International education and training courses considered in the selection process?
- What jobs are available for students?
- How long does the selection process take?
- Why didn’t I get the job?
A: Postings are removed once positions have been filled. If you are unsure, you may contact us to inquire. We are always interested in hearing from potential candidates.
A: Absolutely, we are always looking for great people.
A: Because of the volume of applications received, please understand that we cannot respond to each applicant individually. You will be contacted by a human resources specialist if more information is required.
A: New jobs are posted all the time. Be sure to check back here often for exciting new opportunities.
A: For most positions we require that candidates submit a minimum of three personal references.
A: Yes, please send a current resume along with your cover letter for the job position you are interested in.
Q7: I work for Campus Living Centres / Residence & Conference Centres already – can I apply for another job through this site?
A: Yes, we are always interested in hearing from all potential candidates.
A. Resumes will be kept on file for consideration for up to one 1 year. Although, we encourage you to apply for any and all positions you may be interest in at any time.
A. Yes. Dial 416-620-9526 to fax a resume.
A. An email of confirmation will follow all successfully received applications.
A. Please contact email@example.com to make your accommodation request. A response should be provided within 1-2 business days and this extra time will be considered in the deadline and submission of your application.
A. Non-Managerial positions will be interviewed by a Supervisor or Manager, who will ask a series of questions about previous experience, and task knowledge. Managerial positions often include phone interviews, in person interviews, a case study and building tour.
A. Yes. Successful candidates will be provided with a Conditional Offer of Employment based on the results of a criminal record check organized by Campus Living Centres.
A. No. This is a one-time process.
A. Received applications will be electronically reviewed for minimum qualifications then sent to our Human Resources department and appropriate hiring managers for additional review.
A. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical support and allow up to approx. 2 business days for response.
Q17: I don’t see any current job postings for positions I’m interested in. Can I apply for a position that’s not posted?
A. Yes. We encourage you to send us your resume and cover letter anytime to let inform us of your interest.
A. All applicants are assessed relative to the qualifications listed on the job posting. You must meet the minimum qualifications of the posting to be eligible for further consideration.
Q19: Are volunteer work or International education and training courses considered in the selection process?
A. All relatable experience can assist us with the hiring decision, although candidates must meet the minimum requirements before receiving any further consideration.
A. At different times of the year, positions such as Customer Service Representative and Housekeeper may be available. This can be great positions for students with flexible schedules. For students of the Institutions we are partnered with, the Resident Advisor role could be an excellent opportunity.
A. Typically non-managerial positions take approx. 3-6 weeks from posting to hire. Managerial positions can vary from 4-8 weeks from posting to hire.
A. All applicants are assessed relative to the qualifications listed on the job posting. You must meet the minimum qualifications of the posting to be eligible for further consideration. However, meeting the minimum qualifications does not automatically mean you will be interviewed. Each position is screened by different hiring supervisors, so you should continue to apply for different positions for which you have the qualifications.
- Residence Runs Fire Prevention Events to Raise Awareness
- Campus Living Centres Commits to Raising $10,000 on Behalf of the Raising the Roof Toque Campaign
- Algonquin College Residence Staff Recognized For “Making A Difference"
- Lead. Serve. Engage. – Campus Living Centres’ Innovative Approach to Staff Training and Development
- Campus Living Centres named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- George Brown College selects Campus Living Centres to operate its first student residence
- Campus Living Centres’ Corporate Team Volunteers with Daily Bread Food Bank
- Northern College Residence On Schedule for 2015 Opening
- Confederation College Partners with Campus Living Centres to Develop New Student Village
- Algonquin College Takes a Zero Waste Approach to Replacing Old Mattresses in Residence